QSPress makes it easy to post to your WordPress weblog from Quicksilver. Making very short, spur-of-the-moment posts easy to publish.
QSPress is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.
- A WordPress blog (or a blog that understands the MetaWeblog API – I haven’t tested it on other platforms)
- You’ll need to enter your weblog credentials within the script. Don’t worry – it’s stuff you already know.
- Install any rubygems needed (rb-appscript, mime-types)
sudo gem install rb-appscript
sudo gem install mime-types
- Save this script into ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver/Actions
— (if the folder isn’t there – create it)
- Activate Quicksilver
- Hit ‘.’ to activate the text area
- Hit the tab key to and type ‘qspress’ – or as much of it as you need to.
- Hit Enter. If you get a number as response, the post was successful.
10 May 2007
Now supports categories.
14 April 2007
The script now makes a title from the first 40 characters of the post rather than using the date as the title.
21 February 2007
- Jaymis Loveday’s version supports an explicit title rather than the implicit title I prefer.
- Graham English’s version adds Growl notification.
QSPress Support and Discussion Forums