The 2008 National Conference for Media Reform will be held here in Minneapolis a weekend from now June 6-8.
I’m excited to have a press pass to the conference.
These 3 sessions that jumped out to me immediately:
- Minnesota Model: Countering Corporate Media (while I’m concerned we’ll be beating a dead horse, I can’t miss this one)
- Raising Change for Making Change: Fundraising for Better Media (a panel on monetization! wooot!)
- New Directions in Public Media
These look interesting as well:
- Grassroots Lobbying 101: How to Design and Win Policy Fights
- New Media, New Models, New Journalism
- Free Speech in the 21st Century
- Corporate Media Confidential
- How Independent Media Creates Change
- Shaping the Internet the Fun & Easy Way
- The Changing Role of Media Critics
- Spectrum 2.0: Using Public Airwaves to Build the Future of the Internet
- Netroots: What’s Next?
- Analyzing and Deconstructing Media
- Everyday Heroes: The Power of One in a Connected World
- Media Policy in a New Congress and Administration