Now at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport.
First off – sleep pods were part of the dystopian future I was promised so I’m super excited they’re a reality.
Airports are a great first deployment for these – lots of people with hours of unexpected time on their hands – but the potential deployments are fascinating.
- Create a cluster of them on corporate campus (Google, Apple, YCombinator) for summer interns
- Install one next to each rental storage space for instant apartment complex
- Put a bedroom in your spare closet
- Slightly more upscale accommodations at summer festivals, state fairs, etc
- Start a drop-in-sleep franchise like SnapFitness/Curves/etc for out of town travelers
- Create a cluster of them on a Google or Apple campus for summer interns
- Have the smallest cabin on the lake
- Combine with shipping containers (and a little plumbing) for an instant house