This page, was inspired by Wil Wheaton’s Wish list. A wish list for life – in his words
“Everyone should make one, and check it from time to time, and see if you’re living your life, or just existing.”
- Own a summer home in Europe
- Write a comic book in 24 hours (“Off Grid” my 2005 attempt)
- Do something interesting with 300 re-usable 35mm cameras (add suggestions in the comments)
- Write a novel in a month (scheduled for November 2006)
- Write a non-fiction book
- Publish that suite of software applications
- Learn enough Objective-C to be dangerous
- I’m pondering Big Nerd Ranch’s Obj-C Mini-Bootcamp
- I’m looking at Ruby and RubyCocoa as a way to ramp-up my understand OO-programming, MVC more quickly
- Make my German un-rusty (with help from Annik)
- Learn enough Dutch to be dangerous
- Run for office
more to come.
4 thoughts on “Things To Do”
Garrick, you got me curios to find out more about the Novel in a month idea. I think I’ll read the
No Plot No Problem book first before committing. This may just be the exercise/challenge I need to break my perfectionist-driven analysis paralysis!
I was thinking of picking up No Plot, No Problem in July or August. That’d be enough time to read it and form a strategy by November.
300 re-usable cameras
I think you should do a project with school kids. Find a charter school with 300 students or less and incrementally allow each kid to have a camera for a week. They get one week to photograph whatever they want, but they must at least take a few photos at school and a few photos at home. The kids couldn’t all have the photos at once, because you would end up with a lot of photos of kids with cameras.
Maybe it could be 30 students a week for 10 weeks, and you could give the camera out across grades. This would be perfect for that awkward time called middle school.
The project could be published on Flickr.com. I think that those cameras photos can be made into digital at the time of processing. On Flickr the photos could be tagged in such a way that you could group them by week, month, boy, girl, grade, race, ethnicity, age.
This sounds like so much fun. I wish I had 300 cameras. Let me know if this peaks your interest. I could help.
Maybe it is too costly. I don’t know how much money you have, but I think for such an interesting project, you could get some help.
P.S. I want a vacation home and Europe and to run to office, too.
Check out my podcast. It isn’t great yet, but I am working on it. I would appreciate suggestions. And maybe you would consider adding me to your TC podroll eventually.