Howard Rubin kicked off the event asking, “Why does a law firm host a fashion show?”
The same reason you’d blog. Here’s the break down;
- Give people a reason to talk about you. (your remarkableness)
- Highlight the people and places you know. (their remarkableness)
- Connect your community of customers to each other. (our remarkableness)
Does it work?
- If I need a lawyer and my uncle can’t help me, you know who I’m calling. Hugh says, “25% of conversations in the blogosphere about ‘South African Wine’ are now about Stormhoek”. I only know of one law firm hip to podcasting and fashion, yeah, they’re in Minneapolis.
- I only know of one other law firm in Minneapolis. Why would I choose PKR&G over them? PKR&G reinforced our relationship with this fashion show event. That’s it….for now. For me, blogging is the easiest way to answer the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately question.
- If you ask me what the hippest hotel in Minneapolis is, it’s Graves 601. Seriously. It is.
How doesn’t it work?