WP-CaTT is a WordPress Plugin that appends a link in a post’s category listings to the corresponding Technorati Tag page. No need to add additional information to your post, you create the tags by categorizing posts, something you probably do already.
WP-CaTT is released under the GNU General Public License.
Sites using WP-CaTT;
- First Crack Podcast
- Work Better Weblog
- the Bastardly
- The Journal Podcast
- house of the hanged man
- The NewNew Podcast Review
- Scott McGerikâ€™s Weblog
- Adrian Wong
- Marktplatz fÃ¼r ExistenzgrÃ¼nder und Unternehmer
- the maastrix
- Crazy Little World of Mine
v2.0c (Released 1 Jun 2007)
– Compatible with WordPress 2.2
v1.2.4 (Released 16 Jun 2005)
– Added the trailing slash and ‘alt’ attribute to the plugin’s image tag. Thanks fp.
v1.2.3 (Released 09 Apr 2005)
– Fixed a bug where tags may be prepended with an extra space. – thanks Adrian for pointing this bug out.
v1.2.2 (Released 01 Apr 2005)
– Added code for using an image instead of the standard “(t)”, inspired by kinrowan.net.
v1.2.1 (Released 28 Mar 2005)
– Fixed a bug where the specified delimiter was only displayed once.
v1.2 (Released 24 Mar 2005)
– Fixed a bug where the specified delimiter is not displayed after adding tags links.
v1.1 (Released 11 Mar 2005)
– Now it’s easier to specify which character you’re using to delimit multiple categories
– It’s also easier to specify how you want to display the Technorati link.
– Known Issues; a non-space delimiter (comma, colon, question mark) must be specified in your the_category() call, multiple categories are delimited by spaces – even if they start with a different character (comma, colon, question mark) , shows taglink in Post listing in Admin side.
v1.0 (Released 10 Mar 2005)
– Known Issues; only parses multiple categories separated by commas and doesn’t put the comma back, shows taglink in Post listing in Admin side.
33 thoughts on “WP-CaTT: WordPress Category Technorati Tag Plugin”
i just installed the wpcatt plugin. i don’t know whats wrong, but when i have multiple categories, it returns href=”technorati.com/tag/+thetag” instead of “technorati.com/tag/thetag”
how do i get rid of the unwanted “+” ?
A quick question. How do you control where the tag is displayed? The default install seems to put it on the same line as the title (pushing it over) rather then next to the catagory listing
Just installed it on my site, and I love it. Works well and installs easily. Thanks!
Great Plugin, simple to install! I have one problem though, whenever I change the Tehcnorati marker from (t) to the image it (the image) relocates down to the bottom of the post rather than beside the category?
thanks’ a lot!
Thanx a lot sir!!!!
works well 😀
one more user for your list 😉
thanks for the good work!
i just installed this plugin, with image link display.
anyway please take a minute check, you broke the standard validation. it’s happened because of mostly WP theme currently published are using XHTML as well. please fix it by adding trailing slash and the
altelement in line 25.
thanks, and keep this great work.
garrick … 1.2.4 is buggy too,
in line 25, please use
you have to put my name in code credits for this clue *kidding*
FP, thanks for the correction.
Note to self; have the second cup of coffee before writing code.
I am having little problem displaying the bubble image. Please see the line and see if there are any problems while i try it aswell.
My image is placed correctly in /wp-content/plugins
Working now… dont know what exactly the problem was. It just worked.
You can add my site to the list 🙂
Just want to say thank you.
I also have it installed and working. I used it withouth the bubble, but I think it blends in niceley that way on mine..
Works great! Thanks so much…Using it currently on my blog!
Love it! Thanks 🙂
Is there any way that one can use this plugin in that if you use more than one catagory in a post, the tag doesnt add the catagories into the one technorati tag?
For instance if I have About Me as the catagory, then add another: ‘ Life ‘ The Technorati tag becomes:
Any help would be great!
I’m unable to unzip your plugin on my old Macintosh system. Do you have an alternate text page that I can copy?
Any word on WordPress 2.0 compatibility? I don’t see any mention on the compatibility page.
Meow! Thank you so much for this wonderful plugin. It is so helpful since now we won’t have to do anything extra to add technorati tags to our site about news and reports for cats!
thx really a nice addon and works great 🙂
Great Plugin. Simple, easy, I do recommend.
Damn, it breaks WP 2.2 write interface ! Any tips to fix this ?
Thanks for the plugin 🙂
Does v2.0b work on WP 2.2? It’s been out for over 2 weeks and I haven’t seen anything posted here about it.
v2.0c is compatible with WordPress 2.2