How To Use WP-iPodCatter
- Upload the contents of wp-content/plugins to your plugins folder and replacement rss file to your wordpress root.
- Activate the plugin.
- Set your iTunes tags in the Options -> WP-iPodCatter panel.
WP-iPodCatter is released under the GNU General Public License.
14 February 2007
Changed how databases are accessed to comply with a change in future WordPress versions.
01 July 2006
Updated to reflect changes to iTunes directory categorization.
09 March 2006
This version is a patch graciously offered by Bruce Moyle, “The patch corrects the use of invalid characters in the itunes tags and also the subtitle length issue (which is still there in the latest version).”
1.5.1 (Released 8 January 2006)
- Compatible with WordPress 2.0
- Solved a problem where keywords and durations wouldn’t be saved correctly
- Removed automatic duration detection and shipping without getid3 library cause it was giving me a headache
1.5 (Released 17 December 2005)
- Updated to support the revised iTunes Podcast Spec (deprecated support for itunes:category at the item level – blah!)
- Duplicate itunes:duration custom field bug solved (fingers-crossed)
- Fixed some issues with ampersands and other characters not escaping correctly
- Extra special thanks to Christian Wach for pulling this revision together. It wouldn’t exist without him. Chris, did I miss anything?
1.0 (Released 31 August 2005)
- All variables from the replacement wp-rss2.php file moved into the WP-iPodCatter section in WordPress admin Options tab.
- Updated wp-rss2.php file
- Support for itunes:block at an individual post level
- Support for Channel level category
- iTunes’ categories are now listed in the plugin
- Support for itunes subcategories
- Support for itunes:explicit at overall podcast level and individual post level
- Enter itunes:keywords manually or use wordpress categories
- Preview cover images within WordPress admin area.
- Turn your comments feed into a podcast using the replacement wp-commentsrss2.php file
- Automatically detects duration better
0.7.5 (Released 14 July 2005)
- Bug fix. “Works much better! ” – Chuck from ChuckChat
0.7 (Released 07 July 2005)
- Added support for itunes:duration tag, both manual entry and automatic detection.
0.5 (Released 06 July 2005)
- Hello World