My preferences over at AmigoFish were described as ‘abstruse’ (
difficult to comprehend) the other day.
Good word and much nicer than, say, ‘hyper-critical’.
In an effort to provide some clarity, here are a few notes on what I’m looking for in (video) podcast-land.
Podcasts in General
- Enthusiasm and constructiveness.
- 2-3 people having an intelligent conversation (no panels).
- Big, deep, timeless conversations, rather than time-sensitive reactions.
- Interesting-ness. I’m looking to think about things in new ways.
- Independent publishers – repurposed audio/video is cut right out (On the Media is the sole exception).
- Low production values (I don’t want it to feel like television)
- Delivered as .mpg or something I can easily convert to .mpg – because, ironically – I want these on my Tivo.
- Actually using the video channel, not just audio with pictures.
If you’ve got a podcast you think I’d like, add it to my Backlog channel at GigaDial.
Thanks, and by the way, abstruse has nothing to do with “overbese”.