We catch up with Twin Cities coffee legend Jeremy Raths and talk about:
- Moving The Roastery from a coffee shop in the middle of St. Paul to delivering coffee from an abandon convent.
- The history of the speciality coffee market – nationally and locally.
- How the coffee market is changing to benefit the small, local, coffee farmer.
- The flexibility to choose just the coffees he finds interesting.
Listen to Jeremy Raths and the Search for Extraordinary Coffee [28 min].
Jeremy Raths, from The Roastery, teaches us how to cup – the traditional process for tasting and choosing coffee. He walks through:
- The cupping process
- How he teaches others how to cup
- The need to be emotionally self-aware when cupping
- How to get the cupping experience at home
- The responsibility and integrity of a good cup of coffee
Listen to How to Cup Coffee with Jeremy Raths [14 min].