I’m fortunate to be regularly exposed to a number of crazy project ideas. Each of the ideas I vet through a number assumptions:
- We all will be regularly, publicly, independently, publishing via the internet1. This is consistent with Fred Wilson’s views2.
- Publishing via the internet complies with both Moore’s and Sturgeon’s Law.
- Our peers are the most relevant news source.
- Information is presentation independent.
- Proper nouns are indistinguishable from advertisements.
- The smaller the scope, the more quickly sustainable success is reached.
- There are no users.
1. Regularly = at any frequency, Publicly = any definition you like.
“Honestly I am not envisioning anything other than this; every single human being posting their thoughts and experiences in any number of ways to the Internet..Many people will say that’s a ridiculous notion…To which I say bullshit. I believe that we are headed to a world which everyone will share their lives with the rest of the world via the Internet. That is social media.”- Fred Wilson, A VC