It’s Friday and I’m about 95% of normal.
For the second time this year – I collected a strange virus. I found this one Monday afternoon. It’s similar to the flu in that it takes you out for days on end. Though, unlike the flu – there was no fever. And I caught it in June, not January.
Here’s how to identify it on the street:
- a constant, massive, throbbing, unthinkable, headache for 4-days straight
- just enough nausea to make you not trust eating
- chills and heat flashes cycle through a couple of times a day
- whole body aches for the first 2 days
- swollen glands and a scratchy throat the 2nd 2 days
I treated it with 10-15 hours of sleep a night and a few doses of regular-strength acetaminophen.
It was unpleasant, unexpected, disorienting, and nameless. I hope we never meet again.