I want to thank Seth Godin for linking to the Work Better Weblog yesterday. As expected, I saw it in the server logs.
Work Better saw quadruple the traffic of just 24 hrs earlier. It didn’t take down my server (slashdotted) but it did make my afternoon (seth-dotted ?). Plus, I got a great email from Joe Ely over at Learning about Lean – one of the blogs that inspired the Work Better Weblog.
It reminded me just how fast and direct internet communication is. Two other recent, personal, and measurable examples of this:
- 2 minutes from song listen to iTunes purchase
- Watch this timeline:
- 9:18 – I got a location confirmation from Tim Elliot on the Greater Midwest Podcaster Gathering.
- 9:38 – I sent it out to everyone involved.
- 9:43 – Julio posts it to the Pioneer Press Your Tech Weblog
- “time to press”: 25 minutes